How to Create an Estimate from Scratch
If you would like to build an Estimate on the fly, you have the option to build an Estimate from scratch. The key to making this quick and easy is having your Service Templates set up. For more on how to create service templates check out our article on How to Create a Service Template
- Expand the Navigation pane.
- Scroll down and tap on the Estimates & Jobs button.
- Click on the +NEW button and select Estimate from Scratch.
- Enter Status i.e. estimate or estimate lost, and select your Contact from the drop-down list. The remaining fields will prepopulate to match your contact.
- Review/update details and SAVE.
- Click on Services tab and click on +SERVICE.
- Select a service from your templates. (If you select a service from your templates, the following fields will be pre-populated: Invoice Type, Description, Quantity, and Unit Price, Tax. Alternatively, you can enter your own service and fill in the aforementioned fields.)
- Click DONE.
Once you have completed the question prompts, you will be brought to the Services Tab of the Estimate Details screen.
On this page you will be able to:
(1) Preview your proposal
(2) Approve your estimate as a job. This will allow you to schedule the services to be completed
(3) Send your estimate to your client for approval
(4) Add the number of payments you would like to have the cost of the job split into
(5) Add any additional services to the estimate.
Once you are happy with the estimate, you can tap on the back arrow at the top of the screen to return to the Estimates and Jobs screen.